SIG-OWNERS.COM will strive to ensure that the postings on our page are in line with our brand’s mission. Although we respect the opinions of our fans and followers, we expect that they will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove postings that are:
- abusive, defamatory or obscene
- fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
- in violation of another’s intellectual property right
- in violation of any law or regulation
- otherwise offensive
The views, opinions, depicted results and experiences expressed in user-submitted-comments are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the SIG-OWNERS.COM. Furthermore, user comments are not edited for accuracy or safety.
To ensure a continually positive experience for our fans and followers, we may report or remove content or commentary containing spam, profanity, or otherwise objectionable or prohibited material
*** SIG-OWNERS.COM is a Sig Sauer enthusiast forum, and in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent, Sig Sauer, Inc. ***
We constantly strive to make our discussion forums as fun and lively as possible, while keeping an environment that is also professional and respectful of the fact that firearms enthusiasts are made up of all ages, religions, and ethnicity.
The following are an evolving series of rules for conduct in the forums. Those who choose to break these rules may be warned, have their account temporarily suspended, or be removed from this Website at the discretion of the Staff. Serious violations such as threats of violence or advocating illegal or criminal acts may result in legal action.
Respect your fellow gun owners by not violating the following rules:
1) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, title and subject lines of threads.
Profanity is not allowed in the subject line of threads.
Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.
2) Posting pictures* or links to images which contain pornography, nudity+, animal cruelty, racism, or sexism. Any images of violence which are extreme will be removed and may result in a warning or worse.
*Posts with images of violence or graphic gory items should contain a warning in the title. These types of images will not be tolerated if inserted at random in other discussions.
+Nudity includes any photo which contains genitalia, female nipples, sexual acts, or depictions thereof.
3) Posting or linking to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items.
4) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.
5) Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, etc) . This includes information obtained through WHOIS searches,etc.
6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.
7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to excessive quoting (aka "hourglassing" or quoting 5 or more previous posts,) posting overly large photos or numerous GIF animations, and use of repetitive or overly long text strings.
8) Posting repeat topics with similar or slightly varying titles. While it may seem to be funny, the "spamming" of the community in this manner results in problems for users and management. (Multiple topics on important issues or discussions are acceptable; this only applies to topics, which waste resources for no other reason except personal enjoyment or humor.)
9) Copyrighted Material must be respected. If you wish to share an article from another site, it's important you post only a small excerpt of the content (less than 10%) with a link to the original. We will initially issue warnings, but repeat violations will result in your removal from the site.
SPECIFIC PROHIBITIONS FOR TEAM MEMBERS...
Using improper pictures as an avatar. Improper would be described as anything violating the rules set forth in this Code Of Conduct.
Using of the Photo Hosting service or E-Mail service to store or distribute pornography, nude images, or illegal materials.
Attempting to abuse or cause damage to the site or services by exploiting them. This includes the theft of bandwidth by using the photo server to link images for personal websites or high traffic websites.
SPECIFIC TO SALES...
Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.
Companies or individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. This includes links to auctions.
Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.
*NO GROUP BUYS OR FUNDRAISERS WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION.* - please IM DirtDiver for more information.
Situations which have not been covered in this code of conduct may arise and will be handled by moderators and staff who have been carefully chosen to treat such issues with fairness. The frequency of such situations will guide the staff to make changes to this code of conduct as necessary.